Whatever happened to
– my creative writing life
– my creative life, period
– my love of reading social theory
– my love of video games
– my love of film and essays about film
– my personal diary, which I kept for years on PDAs
– my calling in the desert
– the overabundance of freelance work I used to get
– the friends and co-workers I used to have
– the good old days
– my twenties
Do I feel free, or at least deliberate? If not, why not, and how can I fix it?
This city is exactly like Salt Lake City, only with trees instead of tall buildings, sun instead of snow, and Californians instead of Mormons. But otherwise, it’s the same.