– Did not yet end up in Chicago
– nor New York, the east bay, Portland, Burlington, or Alaska
– No RV purchased yet
– Cash dwindling
– Seeking work but not quite as hard as could be
– Getting older and feeling your balls crawl up into you, a little bit at a time
– Entirely preoccupied by the thought of returning to school
– Hoping still to find a spot in an adjunct pool until then
Have walked a beagle half a dozen times in twice as many days. Miss having pets. Beagle shoes at Petsmart: $15-45. I apparently shop at Petsmart now.
Was I ever cooler than this? Hard to remember. Maybe not. Been a while.
In order to hang out with your friends, you have to be within fucking spitting distance of them. You can always make new friends, but I get tired of how tired that makes me and I think instead it might be nice to join a monastery and break myself.
Finally got some of the powers that be to agree to recommend me for the programs that I will be applying to in ten minutes. Finally created a myspace profile so that I continue to exist (I remember when it was enough to have a web page, and before that, when it was enough to piss at least once a day).
I am not edgy and urbane. I am not crudely anatomical. I am not prescient and topical. I am barely awake. Things are not particularly wonderful, nor are they particularly horrible. They just are, which is, I suppose, the nature of this city, and why everyone tends to leave it. If you’re going to kill God, you’d better be prepared to replace him with rape+pillage and epics. Without such things, you garden.
addicts are kooler than jesus, yeah