Today is the first time I’ve really had a chance to settle down and do needed stuff online. Unfortunately, most of the day was used just catching up on work and completing the “online orientation,” um… stuff… for the school. Now that that’s all done it’s getting late and I need to get home and do laundry in anticipation of tomorrow.
Thoughts on NYC so far:
– I’ve met some people here and there but coming from home it’s pretty lonely
– NYC people are maybe trying too hard to be NYC people
– It’s as expensive as everyone says it is, I don’t know if I can make it work
– It’s hard to get online, actually
– The food is awesome
– I feel like I’ve been here forever and still not been to a class
– Classes don’t begin until September 5th, so it’s still more than a week away
– The job hunt is gonna be painful, I can feel it
– My room is a little small this time around
– PBS (one of the only channels I get) is better here so far than anywhere I’ve been
I guess we’ll see what the next week brings. I need to find a job. There are people other than my family that I miss, but there’s not much more to say about/to them at the moment. Oh well. I’ve had enough of the Starbucks for today, it’s time to get back to I-House and do some laundry and so on.
Orientation tomorrow. I have to admit, I’m a bit nervous.