Even if the edges, ebbs, and flows of my present are ill-defined and nebulous, my future is very, very bright. If you’d told me at 15 about where I am career-wise today at 29, I’d have been thrilled.
– Have three college degrees, inlcuding one graduate degree
– Have published five books of my own, and am working on a sixth
– Am working as an editor at a respected publishing house
– Have worked as a weekly columnist with an audience in the tens of thousands
– Am well-positioned to enter a Ph.D. program and get tenure within a decade
I’m in pretty good shape for mid-life, all things considered. Feels good.