Leapdragon 2016 - Aron Hsiao Was Here

Still trying to perfect this damn 2007 container  §

So the nasty IE render bug that I’d thought I fixed in this didn’t get fixed after all. I’ve just implemented a kludge to get it to work. It still validates, but it’s a lot heavier than I want it to be. I wonder what the issue is? It’s like IE is losing a </div> somewhere on every page, but of course it all verifies, so I’ll be damned if I can figure it out. 😛

I strongly suspect that in spite of the kludge, I’ll be visiting this issue again…

Update! Problem solved! I think.

It’s the HTML comments. The last thing that should ever cause a problem. It’s not like they’ve been turning up in the rendered output or anything… but they apparently broke the containers nonetheless. I went back through my code and removed almost all of the comments, and suddenly the design container magically fell back into shape, without the need for a million kludgy empty divs.

So, note to designer in self: in addition to all the IE render bugs you’re looking for in actual elements, also take care not to use too many comments, since Internet Explorer will crap on them.

Post a Comment

Your email is kept private. Required fields are marked *

nine + sixteen =